Friday, September 14, 2012

So Close... (WIP Part 5)

Well, I thought I would get it together today. I failed.

I realized it had been a while since I had looked at my reference pictures so I decided to check them out again and make sure I was on the right track. Aside from the fact that mine looks a bit clunkier than the real thing I realized my blade was all wrong. I was thinking it had a flat blade with a bevel just along the edge, but it actually had a bevel that went all the way to the middle. Also the base of the blade is beveled as well instead of flat like I thought.

For instance this is the way I had it.

Flat across the top and on the sides

This is how I've changed it.

The edge is more beveled now
 It's far from perfect, but it's the best I could do without starting all over, and considering that the blade was the most frustrating part I was not about to start it all over again. So, because I had to change the blade I couldn't finish the sanding, and because I couldn't finish the sanding I couldn't attach everything together. Next day of work will be spent sanding. Then I'll glue it all together. Then I'll paint it.

So to sum the new list up:
1. Sand
2. Fasten everything together.
3. Paint.
4. Attach leather grip.

The end is in sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment