Friday, July 13, 2012

Things to Come

So I'm a little disappointed because I don't have a finished project for you today. I've been working on a project for a couple weeks but it's taking a lot longer than I originally thought it would. Since I don't have a finished project today I thought I would post pictures of some works in progress.

The first thing is the project I'm currently working on. Have you ever heard of whiskey stones? They're rock cubes that you chill and use as ice. Since they don't melt they don't water down your, uh, beverage. I heard of them a while back and thought they were really cool, but didn't think much else of it. Not too long ago I acquired a bunch of stone samples, so I decided to try and make whiskey stones!


The ones in the background are the cubes that I've cut the larger pieces into. The ones in the foreground are smoothed out and mostly done. I still want to work to get them more even and then I have some polishing to do. I've been doing everything with my dremel so it's slow going.

Another thing I'm working on is something my wife saw and thought was cool. She saw a piece of artwork that someone had made by painting a pallet and then hanging it on a wall. So we were inspired to make a similar piece. Most of the pallets I've seen look terrible so I thought I would build something but then I found this:




I don't think I've ever seen such a perfect pallet before.

When I finish the stones I'll put the whole process on here. I'm not sure what we're painting on the pallet yet, but whenever we do I'll put that on here as well. If you want to see some other projects that I have finished but that haven't made it on to my blog check out my Instructables.

Do you have any of those projects that you just don't seem to ever be able to finish?

No comments:

Post a Comment