Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Small Update

I read fairly slowly. Partly because I don't read as much as I used to and thus I'm slightly out of practice. Partly because I don't have copious amounts of time for just reading. Partly because when I get a book that I enjoy I like to soak it up and really get the most enjoyment out of it instead of skimming through it as fast as possible.

With Ender's Game it's definitely more of the latter. I am enjoying this book so much. The further I get the more I am in love with Ender's character. The further I get the more nervous I am for the movie's handling of him. I'm always nervous about child actors. They're often so flat. Ender is so rich. So deep. I love the way he thinks. Part of me wants to draw similarities between him and myself. Most of that is probably quite a stretch; one of those "I like the idea of this character so much that I'm going to imagine I'm kind of like him". Almost a reverse Mary Sue if you will. Regardless, I'm a little less than halfway through and I would definitely recommend this book as a good read.

I haven't had a whole lot of time to put into blogging or crafting lately. Work has been kind of crazy, and I've had some big things that have required a lot of attention. I have quite a few things in the works and hopefully I'll be able to get back to them soon. I want to start not only posting a lot more things but possibly even offer some of them for sale. *crosses fingers in hope that this takes off* We'll see how that one goes though...

No comments:

Post a Comment