Monday, October 15, 2012

Missed Deadlines

Well the plan was to have the sword done by this past Friday. That didn't happen. It is very close... but not quite done. I hate it when I set deadlines for myself and then I can't keep them. Work has been crazy but this is the last week before it calms down a little. Next week I'll be on vacation (YAY!) and then the lady who runs our warehouse will be back and I can go back to taking real lunches and working on my projects (another YAY!). I'd like to get this sword done before vacation starts and considering the amount of work left I don't think that will be a problem. Right now I'm just tweaking the grip before I fully glue it down. But still, let's hope everything goes well and I get it done. I'm taking some stuff on vacation to work on another project. It's a set of boot spats for the costume my brother-in-law is wearing to NekoCon. I'll try to get some pictures of it, and assuming it comes out good write a blog about it.

This past weekend was pretty awesome. On the way to the farmer's market Saturday morning we stopped at a yard sale. They had one of those kids motorized jeeps for $20! So we snapped that up. We also found a whole box of Thomas the Tank Engine wooden train set pieces for $4. What were they thinking?!? We grabbed that too. I also picked up a palm sander for $7 which is cool since I've been wanting one of those for a while. Now I can sand all kinds of things and refinish furniture and it will be great! I'm already excited about using it.

Well, time to get back to work. I can't wait for vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment