Monday, November 19, 2012

The Holidays are Undeniably Here.

This past Thursday I took my little family to the Christmas Tree lighting at Short Pump Town Center. We weren't there for the ceremony itself, we just came afterwards to see the tree, walk around in the brisk evening air, and enjoy some hot chocolate. A lot of other little families were there so our boy had fun trying to climb onto the fountains and running around with all of the other little kids in the grassy areas. It was funny seeing everyone dressed to impress even more so than usual. Each parent had all of the appropriate accessories (scarves, glasses, big watches, etc.). They were all snapping pictures with their iPhones. Their kids all had tiny versions of an adults fashionable winter wear. Of course I say this as if I wasn't at least in some ways doing the same thing.

*begin internal monologue*
"How close should I stand to my son to look like I'm a good parent but I'm totally not overprotective? Does everyone see how cool our kid is? Look how personable he's being. Maybe he'll hit it off with some kid who has cool parents and they'll want to hang out with us. That would be awesome. I'm glad I didn't dress up too much for this, I don't want to look like I'm trying to impress people. Those parents look pretty cool, their kid looks too old though. Wait a minute, where's my son?"
*end internal monologue*

He did have a blast though.

Considering that it's the holidays my project posts might start to wain. It's not that I won't be doing them, it's just that I might not be able to post anything about them so as not to spoil the Christmas morning surprise. In fact, there may be surge of "new" projects immediately following Christmas. One of the projects I'm working on right now is actually for my son. Since he's not likely to read my blog I'll be posting it as soon as I'm done. I was going to write about it this past Friday but Photobucket decided to freak out and I wasn't able to link any pictures. I wasn't finished it anyway so it's fine. Now I'll just do one blog about it, instead of two. I will tell you what it is in the mean time. It's a Chewbacca pillow! I've had this idea for a while, in fact I've had the material for a while, and just kept bumping it back in favor of other projects. Now with Christmas on the way I thought it would be the perfect time. It's coming along really well and assuming nothing goes wrong should be done tomorrow. I'm pretty excited to get this done because I think it's pretty cool, but it's also been on my list for a while and I can finally check it off.

Ever have one of those projects that you're not sure why you put it off? Doing any DIY presents this Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment